- Work is over. I am sad. I can't get used to having no schedule.
- Gotta get back into the dinner routine. Doing okay but I need to structure myself more, and also brave the freakin' cold to get the proper ingredients. Made steaks, sweet potato fries and brussels sprouts the other night; tacos tonight.
- Read Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse, a fictional free-verse diary-like account of a 13/14-year old girl's experience in the Dust Bowl during the Great Depression. Really interesting, and I'm following it up with The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived The Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan, a non-fiction book on the same subject.
- Trying to get up the motivation to get the apartment back in shape now that we've taken down the tree and all the other Christmas decorations.
- Between finding it used and trading in two games (that got me $13.70 in trade-in value), I managed to get Wii Fit Plus for $2.79!
- Battling a slight migraine that has been bothering me on and off for the past few days. I suspect it's related to the weather. At the moment I'm fine.
1. The BBC just redid Emma again, and it was playing on Masterpiece Theatre the other night. We only caught 5 minutes of it, but it was enough to keep me laughing for 20 minutes. There was a giant picnic/outdoor event going on, and someone had made a very elaborate tower-shaped cake involving fresh flowers.... and what was clearly the same cathedral cake pan I have sitting in my cupboard. (See a couple posts previous if you want to know what it looks like.) We laughed and laughed and laughed. You're about 200 years off, set dresser... did you think no one would notice?
2. Stealth Cat. Gets hilarious halfway through. The Japanese title says the cat's name is Daruma-chan.