Quick rundown of what I'm up to lately:
- Got FLOOR TICKETS for the Muse concert in Newark in October! I am sooooooo excited... they added something like 10 shows to their US tour for the fall, so I guess it must be going well!
- Had a nephew in the hospital all last week. He's fine now, after fighting off pneumonia and a really bad bacterial infection in his lungs. Poor kid.
- Still hunting on the job front. Bryon has had a couple of big interviews and we're still waiting to hear on one of them, plus he's got a temp job with the other company so at least that will be a paycheck for a solid month.
- Still finishing up FFXIII. We only have two trophies left to get (and one of those is for getting all the other trophies) so now it's just gil-farming (which is done completely through item drops in this game since you don't get any gil for the battles - kind of ridiculous). Wheeeeee.
- We're watching fun stuff on Netflix...
- I've been cooking up a storm. I've successfully planned menus and done my grocery shopping according to the plan for two weeks (uh, not two successive weeks as last week went to crap with big job interview stuff and hospital visits) and I'm quite enjoying it. I'm trying new recipes, practicing old ones, and trying to get us to eat healthier meals.
- I also went running yesterday! Well, running/walking. I have no stamina at this point so I run when I can and walk the rest of it. I am sore today and I'm taking that as a good sign. Might go for a short run again today to try and keep the muscles limbered up. Finding that the Genius playlist on my iPod is perfect for this—started it off with Fallout Boy and it kept me in perky, fun music for the duration!
- Finished some interesting books recently, my two favorites being:
(You can read my reviews on GoodReads if you click on the covers in the GoodReads widget in the sidebar.)
Anyway, drive-by over—off to do something productive.
Current Music: cats meowing